Thursday 8 May 2014

The Night Before

I'm having trouble sleeping as I'm worried about cramp. The Chopper's easiest gear is not easy enough to allow much cadence in the forested section of the mountain where the steeper gradient is relentless. This means that more demands are made on the muscles and they are more likely to succumb to seizure, particularly after a long period of stress. I don't want to let everyone down. If I fail it'll be because either the bike or me is broken. I feel that if I can get on to the open ground above the tree line where the gradient settles a bit, I've a good chance of success. According to the latest forecast I'll have 30 kph winds to deal with but I think I should be able to do that. On a positive note, I can scarcely believe how generous everyone is being. The fundraising page shows over £1,500 including gift aid has been raised thus far and more is promised. I've also received so many thoughtful messages of support. I want to thank everyone. My father died of cancer 15 years ago. He was 55. I'm still angry he was taken so young. I'll be using that tomorrow. I hope the money I'm raising can play at least a small part in reducing the number of people that have to go through what my family is still enduring.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very impressed that there's somebody as crazy as me. I regularly ride my www.purplechopper.co.uk climbing big hills over long distances and at speed.I converted my chopper to 9 speed so I could conquer the Coast to Coast (not that it helped much) - it was huge fun.
    Hope you have a great ride and look forward to reading your report.

    ReplyDelete